Some suggestions about the SR8 only server Kabp

Welcome to Team Pandora Forum !!!
You want to join us? Introduce Yourself in the forum !!!
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server Kabp

Welcome to Team Pandora Forum !!!
You want to join us? Introduce Yourself in the forum !!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» pandora resurrection
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:11 pm by BmxSkull

» opening a minecraft server and other games
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 12:28 pm by Admin

» New TeamSpeak
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:21 pm by Admin

» Thanks
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:14 am by The Kid

» Watch Green Lantern online
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:47 pm by Admin

» Hey Guys!
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:02 am by the}GaMe*

» BoinaVerde and RaquyeL dancing in the game DC Universe
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm by BoinaVerde

» urban terror 4.1
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm by BoinaVerde

» =PD=One? Would be nicee
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:26 am by The Kid

» watch Transformers: Age Of Extinction
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 pm by BoinaVerde

» TS3 Offline?
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:30 pm by hpz

» I would like to enter the clan of Pandora*.*
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:48 am by hpz

» UTSC Sr8 only Tournament Invite
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:03 pm by hpz

» Looking for a great config
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 pm by hpz

» hpz <--
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm by hpz

» free time / lets play games :D
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 pm by hpz

» a dedication to the world soccer :DDD !!
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:38 pm by BoinaVerde

»  Addicted to Urban Terror ?? xD
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:07 pm by BoinaVerde

» Hi ALL, did ya miss me? AP0LL0 here
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:53 am by BoinaVerde

» good luck Portugal / Boa Sorte Portugal
Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:31 am by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords

Some suggestions about the SR8 only server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kolossus

Some suggestions about the SR8 only server Empty
PostSubject: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi all, I'm sorry if I skip the usual introduction but I'd like to make some suggestions about your SR8-only server. If you really want, I'll post an introduction topic but most of the Pandora team knows me (I have the alias Kodoku).

But back to the suggestions... I hope you will consider these since more or less the same thoughts have been expressed, one way or the other, on your server while playing.

1: Timelimit is too long

A regular map should be played for 15, 20 mins max to ensure enough play time and smooth cycle. The maps on Pandora server have 20 minutes but they have the halves thing, which makes each map run for 40 minutes. That's really long and it makes players bored of the maps being played. 

I have some suggestions here (exclusive): 
 - shorten the half time to 10 minutes
 - Remove half time
 - enable cycle map vote (this is not really a good solution, the other two are better).

2: Announcements/salutations

When someone says Hi in the server, there's a console message saying things like "howdy there". This is not really needed to be seen. If you think it's good to have it, please only show it to the player that types the salutation.

I don't really want to see the top 3 players on the server every 5 minutes. It clutters up my screen. And I don't want to see other player's headshots or something like that.

Since this can bother some players but not others, please allow this as an option. So those that want it, will leave it, while others can opt out/disallow it client side (if there even is a way to do so).

3: Kick Vote

I was playing earlier today and we had an afk on our team. There is no way to kick an afk/999 player because the vote is not allowed. I think kick votes are useful as it allows the players to get rid of players that are either not there or actively disrupting players (arrogant/bothersome/hacking players). You can set a maximum of such votes if you want, if you fear abuse. Other servers use this feature successfully though.

4: Increase the number of admins

There are not enough admins or players that can use powers, so it would be useful to make sure there are more of them. However, I think that if you solved the first 3 points, this would not be as needed.

----

Maybe I have forgotten other points but these are the main ones I had to say. I'm sure many will agree. I hope I managed to express my thoughts in a good and polite way. I really like your server and I'm there every day, that's why I am posting this topic. I hope you'll take the time to consider these points, and if you disagree, I'd like to know why you disagree on a particular point.

K
Back to top Go down
kimer
Server Admin
Server Admin
kimer

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi kodoku,

Nice to see you in the forum and I appreciate your opinion and share with us the improves and your view. And nice you like Pandora to play and have fun. Hey why the hell don't you write and introduction about yourself? Very Happy

I would like share with you my opinion, is just mine, let's see what the other members say. 

1- I'm agree about it, 15min and one half could be enough. Or 10 min and 2 halfs, if you prefer one respawn than the other. 10min and one half could be few time in my opinion. Turnpike is one of the most played map, for example, if it is only 10 minutes, people is going to vote nextmap turnpike all the time. I like play all the maps, and sometimes I only play turnpike, orbital and again turnpike. I respected it because most of the people vote Yes, but in my opinion is a bit annoying, and although i could use !veto I use it few times.

2- I'm not sure, if it is posible have personal announcements... I think it is only posible put them enabled or disable. It is posible minimize them. In my opinion I don't mine the messages, I like some of them and sometimes help me to control de game, teamkillers, X headshoots (posible cheater), knife kills to advert/warn them to don't be auto-kicked,... 

3- I'm agree that is usefull, when no admins online. The worst thing is when there are accidental TKs, trolls,... I like know what is happening before act. It would be great if there were Vote Warm or something like this Smile at the 3th warning auto-kick.

4- Pandora community wants great people to give something special to the community, not just come, play and have admin rights and bye bye, join us at TS3, ... 

Im agree changing some things, we can try it and if it doesn't work back to this configuration. As I said at the begining, let's see what the other admins/members must say. I hope other members not admins or =PD= members, give us their feed back.

see you in the game and thanks for your feed back Wink
Back to top Go down
Kolossus

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi there Kimer! Sure I'll post an introduction ahah Razz

1- I agree about Turnpike, it's overplayed. A possible solution to this would be to reduce timelimit and disable the nextmap vote while allowing the cycle vote. Or make it so that some maps cannot be voted again too soon? (Maybe this is not possible).

2- Teamkilling announcements are useful. I would keep those. I was just referring to some announcements on the side of your screen like showing top players or salutations. The big announcements that come once in a while on your screen like FIRST BLOOD, or FIRST KILL are not that annoying (to me at least) because they are rare. Very Happy

3- Accidental TKs happen, I too sometimes kill teammates by accident. But if someone is AFK or 999, or they are really bothersome players, the other players that want to play nice should be able to kick them out. It's like a sort of self-moderation. The majority of players on that server are nice players and they want to play quiet games, as far as I've seen at least. You will have the typical annoying player but they won't have an easy life.

4- Sure! Smile That was just a proposal. I mean, choose whoever you want, as long as it's someone that can set an example, someone nice towards other players. I don't mind who it is! Razz 

Thanks for replying! I appreciate it. Very Happy  I'll wait for other responses.
Back to top Go down
kimer
Server Admin
Server Admin
kimer

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Everybody is welcome to Pandora Kodoku Smile and if they want to join us, they only need to follow the steps explained in this forum: http://www.pandora-urt.com/t1060-what-need-to-use-the-tag-pd

By the way i can't choose who become an admin, moderator or whatever, i only can give my feed back Wink
Back to top Go down
BoinaVerde
Admin
Admin
BoinaVerde

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 pm

yo people  Wink 

here's a situation I'd like to explain 

in relation to spam the stats and etc. 

I had and still have many people who asked me so many times 

to put this spam 

and I think that will be the most part of the players 

but I can see what I can remove of the spam 

in relation to the time of each round 

I agree with you 

the frozen made ​​a configuration that I do not like 

that each map has two rounds 

this is very boring  Mad 

I also agree that each part should be 10 minutes 

but we'll, lets see more opinions 

in relation to the votes 

I'm according toput just nextmap 

because there are many players who only vote for troolling 

Imagine that you're playing and suddenly there is a vote to give you kik 

is boring

I would like to put more admins 

but like Kimer said 

these admin has to be active admins 

I think the good maintenance of the server can be maked with good admins (Active).

that admins can put votes on/off and etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.pandora.forumotion.org
Kolossus

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Boina, before I reply to your message... I have more suggestions. Do you want me to write them here or edit the first post?
Back to top Go down
BoinaVerde
Admin
Admin
BoinaVerde

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:47 pm

give me your opinion

is welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pandora.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some suggestions about the SR8 only server   Some suggestions about the SR8 only server Empty

Back to top Go down

Some suggestions about the SR8 only server
Page 1 of 1